People often wonder why they need to go for the special control room furniture, when they already have the standard furniture. Well, there are a lot of benefits of having these specialized furniture and one cannot disregard them. Given below are some of the key points for making use of the NOC furniture.
- Convenience: Network operations centre furniture offers a great deal of convenience to the operators. They are comfortable, efficient and take very little space on the floors. These are designed especially for the specialized equipment. Also, these are quite rough and tough and can take up an intensive load as well.
- Ergonomic features: Command consoles for the operators have ergonomic features, which other standard furniture do not have. People, who have to spend greater deal of time in front of the computer screens, require more comfortable seating. The standard office furniture are not equipped to seat people in a round the clock setting.
- Positioning: In the control room, the desks are positioned in such a way that the computer monitors are placed at an optimum height. The viewing angle is also different for the operators. The regular furniture takes more space and limited flexibility.
- More space: The control room furniture are designed in such a way that the tools are kept within easier reach for the operator. So, Command consoles can easily accommodate two monitors, a phone, a task light, trays, keyboard space, mouse and other reading materials. And, there is also enough space for keeping the CPU and storage below the desktop.
- More consoles in limited space: The consoles are designed in such a way that they do not use a lot of floor space. So, more number of operators and consoles can be accommodated in the limited space. This would not have been possible with the regular furniture.
- Easier relocation: It is easier to relocate NOC furniture. It does not require assembling and disassembling activities. But, the standard furniture are made up of metal parts and will require an expert technician for dismantling them.
- Flexibility: Network operations center furniture offers more flexibility. These can be placed in any direction. So, you could face them in a row or back to back, or against the wall. This flexibility is not there in the standard furniture.
- High-tech look: Control room furniture has a completely high-tech look and can make the office space look magnificent.
These were some of the benefits of command consoles and NOC furniture. If the furniture is great, the employee productivity will also increase. If the employees are not able to focus on the work because of improper seating conditions, the work will get affected.